Monday, September 5, 2011

Read and Write the Room and Name Graph

READ AND WRITE THE ROOM
An fun idea that has been around for a long time is Read the Room. I like to have some accountability with it and make it Read and Write the room. I also like to put some structure with it and place certain words around the room  for the students to find. Our word family this week is the -an family so I put -an words around for them to find. I also throw in my 4 spelling words for the week. My spelling words are sight words. Here is my recording sheet and an example of the cards.


NAME GRAPH
The graphing was so fun on Friday! It was a little hard for some but they got the hang of it. Here is the graph I'm doing this Friday. We've already talked about our names and counted out the letters. Now we'll gather data and put it into a graph.

Click on the picture to download a PDF.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

We did a name graph too. Thanks for this Extension.
❀ Tammy
Forever in First