Friday, January 3, 2014

I Can Read...Emergent Books Packet

I just finished a packet I've wanted to do in a long time. Glad I had my holiday break to get it done.
It is 7 Emergent Phonic Reading Books.
Repetition is the key to making words automatic. These books are designed to give students that repetition and practice in a fun way. The concepts are:
Blends, Consonant Digraphs, Vowel Digraphs, Bossy R, Compound Words, Hard & Soft C, and Hard & Soft G.
 I use them after I have taught each concept in guided reading, reading centers and they are in my leveled reading boxes. I make several copies of each book. My kiddos love to practice the words over and over again.
They are easy to assemble and take only 2 pieces of paper per book. They are in full color, with fun graphics. Here you can see each page of the 1st book.
 There is a reminder page of each concept being practiced.
 There is a page without pictures so students can practice decoding.
You can check it out by clicking my shops on my side bar.
Oh and this packet will be on SALE this weekend!


1 comment:

Amy Roper said...

I really like these little books! Would you ever consider making a b&w version to allow students to color them after reading?